Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Opening Remarks/Starting the Chronicles

The very talented comedian Lewis Black once said: "And if you're Twittering or blogging, F--K YOU!!!! Where do you get the massive ego to think that anyone gives a shit about what you're doing?" While Mr. Black can make ANYTHING funny with enough expletives, I'll have to disagree with him when it comes to blogging. In today's day and age, a blog is an excellent way for a writer to get a start, or some experience. After reading numerous other blogs that my friends have started, I finally decided that right NOW would be the opportune time to start one of my own. Like, literally, right NOW. Why NOW, you ask???

Boston. The Red Sox. The Bruins (Stanley Cup champs). The Patriots (even though Tom Brady is the equivalent of a dead bug which met the sole of my shoe). A city filled to the brim with history. I've always loved Boston. And after 25 years of living in one city, with nothing holding me back, I decided that it was high time for a change of scenery. And on October 8th, I'll be packing up my car (and Milo) and moving up to Boston. I figured that through this blog, I would chronicle my remaining days in Atlanta, as well as the journey up to Boston, AND my life in a new city. Of course, I'll also use this blog to share my opinions on certain things, such as sports, maybe some politics, people, etc. Do I care if you agree with these? Of course not. This is my blog. It probably won't make sense half of the time, or it might have small grammatical errors from time to time. But these are merely the thoughts in my brain, spilling out onto electronic paper. 

So it begins. This is my first entry. Taking my blog's virginity. But I promise I'll call it back. Stay tuned for plenty more.


Song of the blog - "Shipping Up To Boston" by The Dropkick Murphys




1 comment: