Thursday, September 15, 2011

No-shave September - November?

Numerous people have asked me one question, upon breaking the news of shipping up to Boston: Dave. Why??? I figured I would take this very brief time that I have, to explain why I've decided to move up north.

First off, the unemployment rate in Boston is in the top five of the LOWEST in the country. That means, better job market and many more opportunities. If this was the only reason for my move, then it would be the one and only reason I needed. It's a damn good reason.

Second, the rest of my family lives up north. I've got an uncle and two cousins in Easton, Pennsylvania, an aunt and uncle and THREE cousins in Scituate, Mass., and and aunt and uncle and one more cousin in Bedford, Mass (with whom I'll be living). I'm an only child. I like my family (the sane side, anyway). One of the parts of my childhood that I regret, was not being closer to my family (distance-wise). I didn't have my cousins, or aunts, or uncles to grow up with. I have two half-brothers, but of course, they were never around either.

Third (and MY personal reason), Boston has winning teams. Now, if you HONESTLY think that I'm moving up there to be surrounded by winning sports teams, then please do me a favor and take a swan dive off of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. This just happens to be an added bonus of my relocation. It would be exciting (not to mention a change of pace) to be in a city where the teams know nothing, except how to win. All though, I would be the only anti-Patriots fan in Boston. So they don't count. Tom Brady can suck it. I don't care how good he is. Suck a big one, Tom. You know you secretly want to.

Fourth. Let's be frank. Most of you that know me, know that I don't belong down here in the south. The Bible Belt. A predominantly red state. Just not me. Now lets take a look at Massachusetts: North of the Mason-Dixon line. One of the bluest states in the union. Yea, that's more like it.

Fifth reason. I NEED an adventure. Most of you wouldn't understand this, since you aren't me. And I ain't gonna' lie. Being me is great. But, I have absolutely nothing holding me back here in Atlanta, apart from my parents. I'm a free spirit. I also have a nomadic personality. For those of you that DON'T use big words, it means that I like to move to different living spaces over time. A journey up to Boston is a GREAT time for an adventure. I've already got my two best friends on board with me, and we'll be taking a hell of a trip up north. We'll reach Boston eventually, but not without some fun along the way.

There you go. I believe I've given you more than enough reasons. If you'll excuse me, I need some grub, and to go pack a bag. This guy is headed off to Chicago/South Bend to see Notre Dame play Michigan State this Saturday. Which leads me to another point. I've decided that I'm not shaving until Notre Dame wins a game. With the way they've been playing lately, No-Shave November might become a two month thing...Anyway, there won't be any new postings until Sunday when I return. So be patient. I know you'll all be waiting anxiously for a new one. Yea...



Song of the blog - "Roll Me Away" by Bob Seger

No comments:

Post a Comment